FLEX Alumni Coordinator Job Description
The Alumni Coordinator works with American Councils FLEX staff to coordinate and report on FLEX alumni activities in the country. The Alumni Coordinator is supervised by the Country Director. The Alumni Coordinator will report to their immediate supervisor and to the FLEX Alumni Office.
The FLEX Alumni program aims to encourage alumni involvement in community service, and participation events; English language and American studies activities; and professional and personal development activities. Activities planned by and for the alumni and community should include all of these types of events.
• Write and submit to immediate supervisor and the FLEX Alumni program a narrative report on alumni activities, alumni successes, and upcoming events monthly;
• Prepare and submit a financial report requesting project funding to immediate supervisor and the FLEX Alumni Program monthly;
• Provide coordination and encouragement to alumni as they plan and hold alumni activities or projects;
• Work with alumni to develop proposals and budgets for alumni projects with coaching from immediate supervisor and the FLEX Alumni program;
• Organize monthly alumni meetings;
• Work with supervisor to develop the annual activities calendar, based on alumni interests;
• Maintain communication and interaction with the entire FLEX Alumni population on ongoing basis by maintaining and updating the online alumni database and sharing frequent updates, announcements and other information through targeted contact with FLEX alumni;
• Actively gather information about alumni successes for the monthly report as well as promote awareness of FLEX alumni activities and accomplishments through timely reports to the Country Director and U.S. Embassy, updates and posts on relevant websites (www.americancouncils.az) and social media services (American Councils and FLEX Alumni Azerbaijan Facebook Page) and other publications;
• Representation of the FLEX alumni community at meetings and fairs;
• Promote and facilitate employment and career development opportunities for FLEX alumni.
• Liaison with the US. Embassy, US Educated Alumni Association (AAA), local and international NGOs, schools and other relevant organizations;
• Encourage alumni to contribute to The Bradley Herald, and promoting the program’s website;
• Promote and assist with projects organized by the FLEX Alumni program including grants, contents, workshops, and opportunities for alumni
• Other duties as assigned.
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD AND CONDITIONS:
• Initial appointment for up to one year, beginning no later than August 1, 2015;
• Flexible part-time position, 15 hours per week. No vacation or sick time is accrued;
• Readiness to participate in the Alumni Coordinators Training Conference in Tbilisi, Georgia (August 27-30);
• Honorarium from $ 300/month
• Successful participation in the FLEX program;
• All Alumni Coordinators must pass a review of their on-program exchange experience;
• Enrolled in undergraduate school;
• Enthusiasm and talent for organizing events;
• Previous active participation and involvement in alumni activities
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Proficiency in spoken and written English and Azerbaijani
• Demonstrated leadership ability and experience
• Commitment to community service
• Proficient at MS Office suite
Employment Status: Part-time
Reports to: Country Director
Salary: $ 300
Start Date: August 1, 2015
Application Deadline: July 12, 2015
The online application can be downloaded here, it must be completed and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com along with your resume by July 12, 2015. Please indicate the position title in the subject line when sending your completed application package.
Interviews will take place on July 22, 2015.
Please note that the selected candidate will participate in a three day international training for FLEX Alumni Coordinators in Tbilisi, Georgia on August 27-30.