The Professional Fellows Program (PFP) is sponsored by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the US Department of State and administered by American Councils for International Education.
The Program provides 5-6 week long fellowships across the United States in state legislative and executive offices, city halls, NGOs. Participants immerse themselves in the daily operations of state governance, government oversight, and will live with a host family to learn about American Culture. All program related travel and living arrangements are covered by the fellowship.
Eligibility requirements for the program:
- Be a 25 to 35 years of age Azerbaijan citizen;
- Be a college graduate (equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree or higher);
- Be proficient in English;
- Have at least 2 years of work experience;
- Have relevant experience in and commitment to a career in the public sector;
- Have demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills;
To strengthen understanding of U.S. legislative process, to create partnerships between U.S. and foreign institutions, the Azeri fellows of the 2017 program year, fall season should apply online at: https://ais.americancouncils.org/pfp.
Contact American Councils for International Education by phone 012 436 75 29/30 or email us at PFP@americancouncils.az.
Visit the American Councils Baku website at: http://www.americancouncils.az.